Thursday, June 21, 2012
After Effects on an iPad??!! What???!!! - The Basic Filmmaker Episode 11
WHAT!!??? You can use After Effects. Premier Pro, Sony Vegas, or ANYTHING on your computer from ANYWHERE on your iPad, Android, or iPhone????
Yep! In this episode, I show you how you can do this, and it's crazy easy.
Here's what you do:
1. Go to http://www.logmein.com and download LogMeIn to your computer, then download the version for your iPad, iPhone, Android, or whatever device you want. IT'S FREE!
2. After the setup and install and stuff, leave your computer on, and open an After Effects project (or whatever).
3. Go somewhere with WiFi, like a coffee shop or another planet. :)
4. Click around, render, do whatever.
1. You forgot to hit the render button before you left. No problem!
2. You're at a coffee shop and want to check how the render's going. Well, continue to enjoy coffee heaven and check it out!
3. You want to trick your boss into thinking your computer is haunted! Cool!
I am sure a lot of people will come up with endless ideas on ho\w to use this, so LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW!
LEGAL LAWYER TYPE NOTICE THINGY: I DO NOT REPRESENT, WORK FOR, GET PAID FOR, OR RECEIVE ANYTHING FROM LOGMEIN.COM FOR THIS. I JUST WANTED TO SHARE IT BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME!
Please like, comment and subscribe: http://tinyurl.com/78tf9qk
Reach The Basic Filmmaker...
A FEW cool YouTube Channels you should subscribe to:
About The Basic Filmmaker...
I will be posting videos, short films, DIY build projects you've never seen before, After Effects tutorials, and covering cameras, gear, sliders, makeup, DSLRs, cranes, jibs, dolly's, stabilizers, shoulder rigs, rail systems, green screen tutorials, and answering any question you ask about film making.
About the gear used...
Canon DSLR, 28 mm prime lens, Zoom H1, After Effects, Audition and Sony Vegas Pro.
Where to get some not so expensive (relatively) gear for filmmaking...
White Balance Filter: http://tinyurl.com/7e4k3rr
Green Screen Kit: http://tinyurl.com/7nuzr2v
Canon 550D: http://tinyurl.com/breu6bj
Canon 600D: http://tinyurl.com/c4uzyoh
50mm Lens ("Nifty Fifty"): http://tinyurl.com/7c7wsaa
Zoom H1: http://tinyurl.com/7mu5tb2
Rode Videomic: http://tinyurl.com/7w5bx6d
The music "Chemistry" is licensed by me and can be obtained from: http://www.footagefirm.com
Thanks to my YouTube Favs...
Video Copilot, Andrew Kramer, FreddieW, Film Riot, The Frugal Filmmaker, Knoptop, Indy Mogul and Corridor Digital for trail blazing, and, to YouTube and Vimeo for giving filmmakers a home.